Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field required
- Four or more years of IT experience: Java, REST, SQL (Oracle), Linux scripting, Linux server administration, basic network skills, and Git
- Technical skills to include: understanding database platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, SDLC, Security, Microservices, Container technologies.
- Interpersonal competencies include: excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent analytical and problem resolution skills; and excellent team collaboration skills
Role Purpose Statement: The Systems Developer will be responsible for application development and operations of applications.
Key Interfaces: (internal, external) Internal: Department Users & Managers, Corporate IT Management, & Team Members External: Systems & Hardware Provider
- Develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure including systems, cloud technologies, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure.
- Ability to understand and resolve complex technical issues, use common sense, and the ability to think on your feet.
- Perform in a quality assurance and development role as it pertains to independent oversight for development and test activities including system integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Define and ensure compliance to standards and best practices for development including change management, release management, & source code control
- Demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications.
- Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations.
- Verify solutions meet business and technical requirements and are in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines and technology and security standards.
- Develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
- Broad skills in mobile technologies and deployments.
- Must be a logical thinker and understand the concept of mobility synchronization products and services.
- Supports the 24x7 day-to-day maintenance of the infrastructure application systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application and data issues and issues resolution or escalation.
- Should be ‘cross functional’ including expertise necessary to fill in for other members of the team.