Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- One to three years purchasing or supply chain related field experience Preferred
- Project Management skills preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Purchasing/Supply Chain mgmt. preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills for evaluating data
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- Strategic Orientation
- Achievement Orientation
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Customer Orientation
- Project Management
- Exhibit Leadership Stature
- Building and Maintaining relationships
Role Purpose Statement: Responsibilities include: function as a central point of contact for the procurement support and team lead for airline accounts; coordinate and manage the flow of information and data between Product Engineering, Materials Data Management, and the Indirect & Direct Procurement teams; Communicate with the Logistics Analyst and Direct Buyer to provide a smooth flow of information to the Customer Service Centers.
Key Interfaces: (internal, external) Internal: Operations, Supply Chain, Sales and Services, Product Engineering, Materials Data Management, Category Managers, Direct External: Suppliers, Distributors, Airline and/or Retail Customers
- Manage the cycle implementation guide process for all 100% centrally supported airlines. Collaborate with category managers and CSC's that all materials are sourced.
- Responsible to determine the optimal distribution and pricing for Menu Presentations and Cycle Change of customer directed or specialty materials.
- Ensure that vendor performance issues are addressed quickly and should problems continue, provide analysis of alternatives, making changes when appropriates.
- Generate and communicate volume forecast information to Distributors & Key Vendors and CSCs as required to support the launch and completion of menu cycles.
- Work in collaboration with the Customer Service Centers and other corporate disciplines to determine current and future sourcing needs, coordinate the best method for fulfilling those needs and monitor ongoing effectiveness
- Work with Team Lead and Category Managers to ensure proper items are sourced, and what is being sourced is within the specifications and price parameters of the customer.
- Drive performance that results in year over year cost reductions through the standardization of products and pursuit of best possible commodity/service costs.
- Proactively engages with Team Lead on continuous improvements for customer support
- Responsible for procurement ticket issues are resolved and brought to closure.
- Perform adhoc reporting and recurring analysis for all airline accounts as required
- Model corporate values and participate as required in groups
- Display fiscal responsibility in the pursuit of best cost procurement for the organization
- Proactively support other departments and functions as the sourcing specialist
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively work in teams and customers to achieve company goals
- Regularly exhibits the ability to solve problems and drive issue to closure with appropriate supervision.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Customer Satisfaction
- Projects completed on time and within budget
- Accurate and timely reporting
- Continuous process improvement
- Cost savings initiatives
Apply for this position