Retail Business Manager
- Bachelor''s degree or equivalent experience required
- In addition, three to five years Retail experience required
- Knowledge of food safety and compliance with governing agencies
- Successful record of performance which demonstrates leadership, process improvement, and initiative
- Team based management skills; works effectively and collaboratively in a cross functional environment
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Financial aptitude with respect to profitability analysis, pricing strategy, and price/service negotiations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with employees and customers at all levels
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications
Role Purpose Statement: Leadership position that encompasses the handling of Retail customers and New Business based in the specific Customer Service Center (CSC).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Program Management (PM) on transactional pricing with emphasis on retail accounts
- Ensure accurate product costing (food and packaging) and labor costing (rates and minutes) to facilitate quarterly reviews with the customer.
- Create and maintain ingredient database
- Perform routine operational audits to ensure compliance with customer contract.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to generate additional revenues or cost reduction
- Assist in forecasting revenues and food cost potentials in annual budget process
- Interface with customers and CSC administration representatives on billing and pricing issues
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies including but not limited to, FDA, and USDA
- Determine appropriate pricing labor standards for new or changed item codes to maintain or improve margin recovery
- Maintain P&L for all customers
- Perform ad-hoc analyses such as impact analyses for all menu changes
- Conduct product yield studies to ensure accurate menu costs
- Lead customer menu presentations and insure specifications are accurate and priced accordingly
- Engage with internal vendors and customers through IFBL and review FPY data on a daily basis.
- Document and follow-up on all department processes in order to implement improvements.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Guide, motivate and develop the subordinate employees within the Human Resources Policy
- Participates in coaching the expanded Global Performance System (GPS) process, as well as additional career development activities to enhance the effectiveness and potential of the team
- Make the company''s values and management principles live in the department(s)
- Plan / Implement and control the cost budget in the area of responsibility; initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations
- Participate and support company sponsored initiatives such as Global Quality Standard (GQS), HACCP, Lean Manufacturing, Employee Safety