Quality Assurance Coordinator
Education and Experience/Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Proficient in using computer and basic software such as Microsoft, create and maintain trending charts, SOP’s, use of calculator, weight scales, and thermometers, metal detector, ATP testing equipment, mechanical food portioning and processing equipment.
- Previous food industry and quality assurance experience a plus
- Ability to work in cold environment (<40*F)
- Ability to work with minimum to no supervision, act in liaison of the Supervisor, self-starter, and problem solver.
- Ability to lift/push a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with large groups – must be flexible to work weekends/holidays
Primary responsibility is to maintain the “Global Quality System” of LSG Skychefs and LHI to ensure the Customer Service Center (CSC) is in compliance with customer, Federal Drug Administration (FDA), US Department of Agriculture (USDA), and Seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plans including USDA and FDA regulatory standards.
- Maintain and initiate all recordkeeping and key performance indicators pertinent to the Quality Department and GQS to include, but not limited to Food Safety, Sanitation, Regulatory Agencies (County Health, State Health Dept. and FDA), internal customers (LHI) and airline customers
- Daily monitor of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for compliance
- Verify of coolers and freezer room temperature for compliance
- Perform environmental swabs and microbiological sampling, submittal to local laboratory for analysis
- Obtain Chef Table samples to verify compliance to specification
- Assist the Quality Manager in specific training and daily initiatives addressing quality, food safety, and sanitation issues to drive process improvements
- Conduct work station inspections to verify compliance (gold standard verification, specs, sanitizer, food temperatures, HACCP documentation, phf set-up)
- Conduct portion control weight compliance to specifications
- Conduct inspection checks (dispatch, galley, non-bonded, bonded, equipment)
- Verify Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) logs and other documents are accurately completed on a daily basis
- Create charts, trending reports, training materials and visuals
- Maintain, monitor standards and train employees in compliance to the Regulated Garbage Standards to meet USDA requirements
- Supports the Jump-off (commissary) locations with oversight
- Train hourly employees as needed
Perform other tasks as requested
Apply for this position