Role Purpose Statement: Actively work with Operations, Receiving, Finance, Transportation, and other departments to identify problems and develop solutions to minimize or eliminate delays in the production process. Responsible for the development and maintenance of all manufacturing production schedules that will adequately fulfill customer demands. Maintain goal performance reporting and analysis.
Key Interfaces: (internal, external)
Internal: Local management team, Corporate IT and Product Engineering departments
External: IBM (infrastructure provider)
Supporting Operational Business
- Assist in the preparation of operations data analysis, reports and summaries that will enable Management to operate the facility more efficiently and economically.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing production schedules insuring that optimum production flow is maintained.
- Serve as technical resource to user community and all other IT teams in the area of Enterprise Applications, often outside of normal office hours
- Interact with Customer Service, Operations, Product Engineering and all other disciplines necessary to insure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with Global, Corporate, and Regional Project Guidelines
- Monitors/Audits the scheduling system for quality, flow of work and efficiency of system.
- Maintain departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties necessary to insure the efficient and effective performance of the Planning Department.
- As a member of the IT team, participate in identifying and implementing lean process improvement opportunities
- Interfaces with purchasing to determine shortage status
- Update and communicate all daily operation information in a timely, accurate, and user-friendly manner
- Ensure the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Conduct employee training, performance reviews, coach & counsel for direct reports
- Model corporate values and participate as required in groups & initiatives
- Proactively support other departments and functions as the Subject Matter Expert