Production Planning Supervisor
Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a production planning, supply planning, or plant operations role
- 2+ years of experience managing people
- Ability to multitask and balance aggressive timelines
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Ability to understand a long-term production plan and how it relates to a short to medium-term detailed schedule
- Less than 10% travel required
- Strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment effectively
Role Purpose Statement: Actively work with Operations, Receiving, Finance, Transportation, and other departments to identify problems and develop solutions to minimize or eliminate delays in the production process. Responsible for the development and maintenance of all manufacturing production schedules that will adequately fulfill customer demands. Maintain goal performance reporting and analysis.
Supporting Operational Business
- Assist in the preparation of operations data analysis, reports and summaries that will enable Management to operate the facility more efficiently and economically.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing production schedules insuring that optimum production flow is maintained.
- Oversees the proper distribution and usage of scheduling reports and dispatch lists
- Interfaces with purchasing to determine shortage status
- Maintain goal performance reporting and analysis.
- Interact with Customer Service, Operations, Product Engineering and all other disciplines necessary to insure customer satisfaction.
- Based on established metrics, analyze and report on production activity/results and plant capacity data. Recommend improvements based on analysis.
- Monitors/Audits the scheduling system for quality, flow of work and efficiency of system.
- Maintain departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties necessary to insure the efficient and effective performance of the Planning Department.
- Update and communicate all daily operation information in a timely, accurate, and user-friendly manner
- Maintain adequate documentation of processes
- Ensure the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Conduct employee training, performance reviews, coach & counsel for direct
Apply for this position