Manager Safety & Security
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, a related field or equivalent work experience required
- In addition, three to five years of directly related experience in operations and safety required
- Proven analytical and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop and lead others to obtain desired results & achieve budget
- Understanding and applicability of governmental regulations such as OSHA, FDA, USDA and EPA regulations, as well as applicable state agencies.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills required combines with an aptitude for multi-tasking
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer application
- 3-5 years of managing Workers Compensation claims through third party administrators strongly preferred
Role Purpose Statement: The incumbent is responsible for achieving Global Performance System (GPS) results with respect to the reduction and/or elimination of aircraft accidents and employee injury claims. It is also essential for the incumbent to effectively managing workers compensation claims, execution of existing safety systems (A1s, standard operating procedures (SOPs), corrective action, etc.), and the design and implementation of new results oriented safety systems and training which will impact organizational performance.
Key Performance Indicators
- Frequency and severity of work accidents
- Number of delays, aircraft incidents
- Customer satisfaction both internal and external
- Improved audit scores
- Ramp safety (internal & external)
- Employee safety
- Foster a culture where a strict adherence to compliance with respect to Company ramp and employee safety initiatives is perceived as a non-negotiable standard of performance
- Regularly train employees on all employee and ramp safety SOP
- Design and implement employee safety campaigns to promote the recognition of positive safety results, safety awareness, and employee ownership of the safety process.
- Implement the Last Mile Logistics Academy of Excellence driver technical training, ensuring management sponsorship through the Management Support Role session.
- Partners with CSC Leadership regarding employee safety issues involving but not limited to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Federal Aviation Agency (FAA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Transportation (DOT); and applicable state agencies.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings
- Coordinate and ensure that all accidents are investigated and corrective/preventive action is implemented and sustained.
- Partners with CSC leadership to ensure audit readiness
- Oversee Workers Compensation processes at the CSC to effectively manage claims
- Ensure compliance of CSC security procedures and airport authority badging requirements
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed.
- Guide, motivate and develop the subordinate employees within the Human Resources Policy.
- Participates in coaching the expanded Global Performance System (GPS) process, as well as additional career development activities to enhance the effectiveness and potential of the team.
- Make the company’s values and management principles live in the department(s).
- Participate and support Company sponsored initiatives such as GQS, HACCP, Lean Manufacturing, Employee Safety and CBase.