Manager, Accounts Payable
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with an understanding of general accounting.
- Strong background in managing outsourced vendors with a focus on SLA performance is preferred.
- Experience in a supervisory role recommended.
- Understanding of Forms1099 and 1042 reporting requirements; and state escheat rules.
- Proficient in SAP-FI, SAP-MM, Excel, Word, and Access desired
- Understanding of Accounts Payable systems and processes
- Experience with external auditors
- Self-directed, detailed oriented and hands-on individual with strong organizational and communication skills required
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Maintain accurate accounts payable records in SAP
- Effectively document accounts payable processes.
- Effectively manage an outsource partner with a focus on continuous increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure timely payment of payables, including taking advantage of quick pay discounts when beneficial to LSG.
- Ensure integrity, accuracy, timeliness and completeness of reporting
Role Purpose Statement: Responsible for managing the accounts payable function for all NAM business units, as well as overseeing the day-to-day performance of the LGBS outsourcing partner.
Key Interfaces: (internal, external) Internal: Regional controllers, Customer Service Center (CSC) controllers, Business Unit Managers, General Managers, Finance and Accounting, Procurement, Program Management
External: Suppliers and Customers, LGBS, Internal and External Auditors
- Manage relationship with and oversee the invoice processing performance of LGBS Mexico A/P team for LSG NAM companies as it pertains to the accounts payable functions; includes monitoring LGBS’s performance according to established KPIs/SLAs.
- Insuring all vendors are paid on a timely manner while optimizing working capital.
- Coordinate with procurement team to maximize quick pay discounts from applicable vendors.
- Establish Accounts Payable processes at the CSC’s and ensure compliant execution.
- Ensure the proper controls are designed and implemented to safeguard company assets.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for accounts payable inquiries and concerns.
- Develop methods to improve efficiencies and minimize the overall Accounts Payable cost.
- Coordinate the implementation of IT tools to improve efficiency, with IT and Procurement.
- Guide the CSC materials personnel, with the combined effort of the supply chain management team, to insure efficient and well documented procedures are in place for processing invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Plan, implement and control the cost and project budget in the area of responsibility; initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations
Apply for this position