Lead Executive Chef, AA
- Strong documentation skills that include the creation of detailed recipes / specifications in a standardized format.
- Knowledge of food and hygiene regulations (i.e.: Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points)
- Understand and demonstrate concepts of financial controls (ex: keep food cost within budget, control stock levels while being cost conscious, minimize waste)
- Excellent interaction skills working with cross functional teams of high level executives, managers, and chefs.
- Social media skills a plus (Facebook , Twitter, Blogs, Webinars)
- Knowledge of airline catering operations strongly desired
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and multitask activities, strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet hard deadlines
- Managing of multiple projects utilizing planning and organizational skills
- Computer skills a must (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) to include learning internal computer programs.
- Graduation from an accredited culinary school
- Minimum of five years as an executive chef with menu development experience and minimum of three year experience in a full scale production facility. Upscale Airline catering preferred.
- Travel 30 - 50% of the time for menu presentations / workshops / trade shows/ start-ups / audits / customer functions.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Design and Development
- Responsible for all culinary related activities for our American Airlines customer.
- Accountable for the innovation, development, implementation and continuous improvement of the product portfolio including the identification of standardized ingredients and creation of standardized recipe.
- Work with cross functional teams of senior executives, directors, managers, celebrity chefs, executive chefs, procurement, analysts and data management team to achieve the common goal of creating diverse and innovative menus for AA
- Work with vendors and manufacturers on designing and developing new innovative products that provide our customer with ingredients and menu items that are innovative and meets budgetary requirements
- Support Procurement Master Data Management (MDM) to create and sustain detailed standardized product specification
- Work in conjunction with Industrial Engineers to create labor standards for portfolio of AA related recipes and menu specifications.
- Create a standard of culinary excellence for AA that will propel our culinary expertise to a higher level including internal- and customer workshops, external vendor sponsored workshop, training videos, and showcases
- Organize, coordinate, plan and present all aspects of a menu presentation to include interacting with the customer to discuss the menu items prepared
- Support all CSC locations during cycle changes, tender presentations, and start-ups and train the CSC on the new menus while ensuring the quality of the menu items produced.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the customer and embrace their culinary program to include participating in all culinary related activities. Attending dinner tastings events, workshops with vendors and celebrity chefs, trade shows, strategy meetings etc.
- This customer is global so the need to demonstrate and understand the requirements to produce international menu items that are authentic in nature utilizing the core / key ingredients from a specific region to produce authentic cuisine of that region.