Human Resource Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- In addition, five to seven years of Human Resource generalist experience in a supervisory or managerial role required
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization both oral and written
- Practical knowledge of federal and state employment laws and their applicability in the workplace.
- Team-oriented individual with strong leadership ability
- PHR or SPHR preferred
Role Purpose Statement: Leadership position at the CSC (Customer Service Center) level responsible for the administration and management of Human Resources policies and procedures and the Master National Agreement; ensures compliance with federal and state employment laws; handles employee relations issues for CSC employees.
Key Interfaces: (internal, external)
- Internal: Union and Non Union Employees in the CSC, Legal, Employee and Labor Relations
- External: Union Representatives, Job Applicants, Recruiters, Regulatory Compliance
Officers and Airline Customers
Business Strategy, Policies, and Tools
- Execute the implementation of the regional strategy in the area of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with the policies provided by region and Corporate
Human Resource Management
- Responsible for the implementation of human resources policies and programs for union and non-union employees in Customer Service Center (CSC).
- Locally administer and interpret Master National Agreement (MNA); administer MNA grievance procedures
- Provides advice and counsel to operational management regarding human resources practices, policy and employment laws; active member of CSC senior leadership team.
- Responsible for supporting employees regarding employee relations issues.
- Oversee Department Budget including recruitment, training, uniform, and any department related expenses.
- Source, recruit, interview and select quality employees to staff various CSC positions.
- Deliver and manage CSC and company required training and development programs.
- Oversee Department of Transportation (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing program and company non DOT pre-employment drug testing programs.
- Review, process, and participate in CSC safety programs and worker’s compensation claims and settlement negotiations while ensuring company conformance to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Plan, implement and control the cost and budget in area of responsibility; initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations