Head of LSG Regional Operations Lean & Process Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management/ Industrial Engineering or related
- Minimum ten years experience in a manufacturing based environment managing production and logistics
- Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing, production systems, logistics
- Expert knowledge of Process and Network optimization
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to build, develop, and maintain strong cross-functional teams, employee relations and union relations
- Proven track record implementing lean practices, materials management and/or production planning optimization strategies
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative leadership in the issues related to key operating disciplines
- Capable of exercising forceful yet sensible cross-functional leadership, willing to make tough/unpopular decisions and “hold their own” with other functions, high tolerance for ambiguity
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, Value Stream/Process Mapping, Simulation , Project Management Tools
Role Purpose Statement: The job incumbent ensures the competitiveness and efficiency of all operational processes. The job incumbent is responsible for developing people, processes and skills in the business, as well as planning and coordinating activities including LPS Operational processes, Supply Chain, and Last Mile Logistics in order to support company goals. The job incumbent ensures control, maintenance and continuous improvement of operational standards, according to Corporate policies and customer requirements, within the North America Region and in accordance with the regional/corporate team. Responsible for supporting the achievement of the Customer Service Center (CSC) budgets as agreed by the GM of the CSC. Strategically look into the transformation of LSGs processes while ensuring process control, maintenance, and continuous improvement by applying the principles of the LSG Sky Chefs Production System.
Business Strategy, Policies and Tools
- Develop operational transformation and improvement strategy and drive execution of its implementation to support financial, customer and quality goals
- Develop consistent deployment and usage of continuous improvement cycle and operational excellence improvement roadmaps to support structured and consistent improvement approach
- Interface with regional leadership to support the timely and qualitative execution of the business strategy
- Interface with Operations functions & CSC leadership to support the timely and qualitative execution of the business strategy
- Represent the LSG NAM region for Lean and Process Management, and manage this relationship in a positive and constructive manner
- Ensure the implementation of corporate initiatives in compliance with corporate policies and processes
- Develop and monitor performance metrics and review mechanisms to drive improvement, protect revenue and maintain compliance
- Develop processes to strategically enhance business models and operating structures in NAM.
- Develop Competence Centers around core operational processes (Last Mile Logistics, Supply Chain and Materials, Food, Assembly and E&S)
- In conjunction with Compliance Group, define and develop the regional logistics strategy for small , medium and large CSCs
LSG Sky Chefs Production System (LPS)
- Drive adoption and cultural change to engrain LPS as a way of doing business by leveraging the LPS maturity model
- Develop Competence Centers around core operational processes to ensure expertise development and deployment, best practice sharing and process based community building throughout operations
- Drive process improvements by researching the feasibility of best practices in manufacturing, logistics and system processes in the CSCs.
- Design and execute a system-wide alignment behind a single process towards continuous improvement.
- Enhance and align regional LPS activities with corporate initiative to result in consistent productivity and quality improvements in all departments of the CSCs.
- Lead and facilitate strategic projects: new operating model, central production units, make vs buy, etc.
- Provide technical knowledge, internal and external resource support, inspiration and mentoring to CSC management on Lean principles
Last Mile Logistics (LML)
- Create market segregation with competitors by offering strategic partnerships with new transportation models
- Development of processes to create a better customer interface within transportation
- Design processes that enhance logistics and hourly metrics for transportation departments
- Design, enhance, and align regional LML activities with corporate initiative to result in consistent productivity and quality improvements in all departments of the CSCs.
- In alignment with LPS group, lead and facilitate strategic projects: new operating models and also provide input on new business in markets where a new model can be used
- Lead and facilitate delay improvement initiatives in conjunction with the NAM Quality team
Supply Chain Optimization
- Develop and execute a company-wide program to assess the current Supply Chain processes and performance in areas such as: demand planning, forecasting, order management
- Oversee collaborative initiatives with the supply base to reduce labor cost, food cost and product quality
- Financially justify supply chain related initiatives and drive project success by achieving performance goals for Days on Hand, Food Costs, Food Cost Variance, K-Line and Overtime
- Develop material requirements planning tools to ensure optimum par levels of products and avoid stock outs/excess inventory
- Ensure the orderly flow of materials through the manufacturing or purchasing process to achieve optimum inventory levels, expected customer service levels, and manufacturing efficiency
- Develop standardized purchasing processes in the CSCs to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Identify and develop all key performance metrics that will truly make visible the total cost/value of the supply chain
- Guide, motivate and develop the subordinate employees within the Human Resources Policy
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Participates in coaching the expanded Global Performance System (GPS) process, as well as additional career development activities to enhance the effectiveness and potential of the team
- Ensure that the company's values and management principles are being lived in the department(s)
- Plan / Implement and control the cost budget in the area of responsibility; initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations