First Production Cook - BWI
1 year or more experience in a large commercial kitchen
- Able to read and follow recipes
- Ability to use mobile shelving, carts, and airline catering equipment
- Able to use knives and other kitchen equipment safely and appropriately
We deliver the taste of the world.
LSG Sky Chefs is the world's largest provider of airline catering and in-flight solutions. LSG Sky Chefs caters 300 airlines from almost 200 customer service centers in 50 countries. Our mission is simple: To be the preferred Global Provider of Quality Catering and Integrated In-flight Solutions. We are seeking those who have the desire and commitment to help us achieve that mission. We are presently seeking a Production Cook at BWI/Marshall Airport in Baltimore, MD.
This position is responsible cooking proteins, starches, vegetables and sauces in accordance with airline specifications and FDA and HACCP food hygiene standards.
Responsibilities of Position:
Review production sheets to confirm specifications based on international carrier requirements. Follow strict requirements of food preparation. Read and interpret international menus. Retrieve necessary food and equipment. Review production sheets to confirm specifications based on international airline carrier requirements. Wrap, date and refrigerate finished products.
Understand HACCP Compliance and safe food hygiene practices. Ability to implement procedures which includes proper temperature controls and paperwork (HACCP Logs) completion.
An excellent attendance record.
Full compliance with all work rules and regulations.
Flexibility, able to react to changing priorities.
Above average skill level with cutlery, small wears and equipment.
Understand cooking techniques.
Ability where necessary to prepare ethnic food items.
Ability to understand and complete recipes. Interprets specifications and prepares to taste, color, texture, and eye appeal.
Ability to communicate with Customers/Coworkers.
Ability to speak, read and understand English
Ability to convert to metric measures- with conversion chart.
This position requires to be active, walking, heavy lifting and pushing 50+ lbs.
Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours.
Exposed to hot surfaces
Other duties as assigned.
Rate of Pay(required): $12.70
- Free Lunch/Parking/Uniforms
- Membership in the American Airlines Credit Union.
- After 2 months you become part of the local union.
- A variety of insurance and benefits including medical, dental and vision.
After 90 days of employment through LSG Sky Chefs employees are eligible for:
- Participate in the company’s 401k .
- Life Insurance Benefits (Basic and Supplemental).
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Disability Benefits (Short-Term and Long-Term).
- Employee Assistance Program
Full/Part Time: Full time
Schedule: must be flexibleApply for this position