Driver Helper (CDL Training Program)
Description of the job, responsibilities and duties.
To effectively and efficiently assist the Driver in delivering the correct equipment and meals to airlines.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing professional customer service and safe, accurate and timely boarding of equipment and catering components on each flight
- Communicate effectively to minimize delays and resolve problems
- Help Driver loads aircraft in compliance with Company, Airport, Airline and Government safety regulations
- Strip dirty equipment from aircraft
- Act as a Guide for the Driver
- 2 years customer service experience or equivalent
- Valid United States Driver’s License with clean driving record; Ability to pass a 10-year background check to obtain a SIDA badge
- Must follow all grooming and uniform guidelines to be compliant with safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Must be able to read and write
- Requires good communication skills
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Must be able to work in a 24/7 environment including nights, overnights, weekends, holidays subject to change due to shift bidding and seniority
- Must have manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
- Must be able to grasp, write, stand, sit, walk, and perform repetitive motions, bend, and climb.
- Must possess visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Must be able to adhere to all general safety, ramp safety, and food safety rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include nights, weekends or holidays
- Work overtime when required.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screen .
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment Audiogram
- Will be exposed to various temperature changes (hot and cold) and noise.
- This position requires being active, walking, heavy lifting and pushing 50+ lbs..
- Must be able to work around moving parts and wet floors.
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours.
- Free Lunch/Parking/Uniforms
- Membership in the American Airlines Credit Union
- After 2 months you become part of the local union
- A variety of insurance and benefits including medical, dental and vision
After 90 days of employment through LSG Sky Chefs employees are eligible for:
- New Hire Incentive Bonus
- Participation in the company’s 401k
- Life Insurance Benefits (Basic and Supplemental)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Benefits (Short-Term and Long-Term)
- Employee Assistance Program
Schedule: FlexApply for this position