Director Human Resources - SCIS
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field required
- In addition, five to seven years of Human Resource generalist experience in a supervisory or managerial role required
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization both oral and written
- Practical knowledge of federal and state employment laws and their applicability in the workplace.
- Team-oriented individual with strong leadership ability
- PHR or SPHR strongly preferred
- Strategic Orientation
- Achievement Orientation
- Organizational Effectiveness
- People Development
- Customer Orientation
- Team Leadership
Role Purpose Statement: Senior Leadership Team position responsible for the administration and management of all Human Resources related activities including policies and procedures, ; federal and state employment law compliance, employee engagement, recruiting, payroll administration, and leadership training and development.
Key Interfaces: (internal, external) Internal: 900 Exempt and Non-Exempt Employees located at 39 US airport locations, other functional leaders in the company, , Legal, External: Job Applicants, Recruiters, Regulatory Compliance, Officers, payroll administrator, insurance company and Others as needed
Business Strategy, Policies, and Tools
- Support the development and execution of the company strategy in the area of responsibility
- Maintain all HR policies and support policy compliance
- Contribute to the Company Senior Leadership Team
Human Resource Management
- Responsible for the development and implementation of human resources policies and programs for exempt and non-exempt employees in entire Company; provides advice and counsel to Company leadership regarding human resources practices, policy and employment laws; active member of Company senior leadership team.
- Responsible for supporting employees regarding employee relations issues.
- Oversee Department Budget including recruitment, training, , and any department related expenses.
- Source, recruit, interview and select quality employees to staff various Company positions.
- Create, deliver and manage management training and development programs.
- Review, process, and participate in worker’s compensation claims and settlement negotiations while ensuring company conformance to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Plan, implement and control the cost and budget in area of responsibility; initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations
- Play a key role in the company’s team-based Senior Leadership Team
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Time to Fill
- OSHA Recordable Frequency and Severity
- Workers Compensation Claims
- Hotline Complaints
- People Development
- Department Budget
- Payroll accuracy
- Wage and Hour