Fleet Maintenance Technician
The LSG Group is the world’s leading provider of end-to-end on-board products and services. These include catering, on-board retail and entertainment, on-board equipment and logistics, consulting and lounge services. The company’s dedication to culinary excellence and expertise in logistics has led to its successful entry into adjacent markets like convenience retail and train services. Its catering activities are marketed under the “LSG Sky Chefs” brand name, through which it delivers 628 million meals a year and is present at 209 airports across the globe. In 2016, the companies belonging to the LSG Group achieved consolidated revenues of € 3.2 billion. www.lsg-group.com
- Free Lunch/Parking/Uniforms
- Membership in the American Airlines Credit Union
- After 2 months you become part of the local union
- A variety of insurance and benefits including medical, dental and vision
After 90 days of employment through LSG Sky Chefs employees are eligible for:
- Retention Bonus of $250 and can earn additional $250 after 6 months (Must meet company standards)
- Participation in the company’s 401k
- Life Insurance Benefits (Basic and Supplemental)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Benefits (Short-Term and Long-Term)
- Employee Assistance Program
Description of the job, responsibilities and duties.
The Vehicle Maintenance Technician is responsible for making sure the fleet is operating smoothly in the following areas:
- Test drive the vehicle and record specific observations.
- Pressure wash and clean chassis, engine, transmission, brake lines.
- Inspect all lights, wheel alignment and check operations.
- Conduct leakage and compression test to determine the condition of the engine, check alternator output, starter draw and load test the battery.
- Check operation of electrical components an perform preventative maintenance.
- Elevate problem issues to the supervisors as they arise – maintain constant communication with supervisor.
- Maintain high quality/professional appearance and demeanor.
- Interact with other department team members to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Comply with company SOPs – Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work as a member of the LSG Sky Chefs team to ensure the highest quality product and service is delivered to our airline customers.
- Coordinate other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to maintain DOT Regulations Performance on our vehicles.
- Must have a Commercial Drives License ( Class A or B) or be able to obtain within 60 days of employment.
- Must have own hand tools
- Certification in Diesel Technology
- Must be able to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (Class A or B) with 60 days of employment
- Detail oriented and good communication skills.
- Ability to speak, read, wright and understand English
- Comply with all work rules and regulations.
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during shift of 8+ hours.
- Must have good organizational skills and adaptable to frequent changes environments.
- Must be able to comply with work rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment with changing priorities.
- Must be able to use fingers/handles to handle equipment.
- Must be able to climb latter and stairs.
- Must be able to work in small spaces.