DCA - Production Cooks
Job Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- 2+ years previous working experience in large commercial kitchen, i.e., hotel, commissary, high level restaurant.
- Able to prepare stocks, sauces and other food items using standard recipes
- Able to use various kitchen equipment; i.e., steamers, grills, deep fryers, etc.
- Knowledge of various knives and cutlery as well as their specific uses.
- Ability to work and produce with minimal supervisor.
- Basic math skills.
- Practice good personal and food hygiene.
- Read write and speak English.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
Position Purpose: Responsible for efficient and effective Hot Food production. Ensures the Hot Food production is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with company, FDA, and airline regulations. Maintains smooth and efficient cooking and preparation for International menus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for efficiently and effectively preparing hot food meals.
- Prepares hot food promptly and in compliance with flight schedule.
- Cooks a variety of main course items involving long preparation times.
- Assumes responsibility for quality if meals prepared and comply with meal specifications required by airlines.
- Assist Food Production personnel as needed.
- Assumes other related duties as required.
- Worker subject to temperature changes, such as freezers, cold rooms, etc.
- Must work in noisy environment requiring workers to shout to communicate.