DCA - Maintenance Mechanic (Facilities)
Job Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- 3-5 years mechanical experience with building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of equipment and understanding of schematics to trouble-shoot problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting and mechanical aptitude.
- Certified in electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, and welding.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in using a full set of mechanical tools and test equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and customer service skills
- Read, Write and Speak English
- Possess a valid Drivers License
- Able to apply safety standards
Responsible for the prompt repair and maintenance of facility production equipment, fixtures and all other machinery. Duties also involve upgrading, installation, and preventive maintenance of all equipment. Works closely with CSC Maintenance/Facility Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors equipment, fixtures, machinery during daily operation to determine where maintenance is needed.
- Performs trouble-shooting to determine cause of equipment problems and breakdowns.
- Promptly service equipment and conducts major repairs and replacements, as required, in consultation with Maintenance/Operations Manager
- Orders parts and equipment and maintains preventive maintenance log.
- Interacts with outside vendors as required to ensure proper repair and installation services.
- Assist and guides Shop Maintenance Person with minor repair and replacement projects
- Reads, updates, and maintains preventive maintenance logs as required and instructed by Maintenance Manager.
- Complete related paperwork and report as required.
- Effectively communicate with Maintenance Manager, Operations and Shop Maintenance Person.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Keeps work area clear and free of clutter.