DCA Human Resources Generalist
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- In addition, one to four years of HR experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization both oral and written
- Practical knowledge of federal and state employment laws and their applicability in the workplace.
- Experience in a unionized work environment a plus
- HR Certification (SHRM and/or HRCI) a plus
Role Purpose Statement: Assists in the administration and management of Human Resources policies and procedures and the Master National Agreement; ensures compliance with federal and state employment laws; handles employee relations issues for their Customer Service Center (CSC). Our CSC’s are food production facilities and the employee base can run from 50-500 employees. They are open 365/24/7 to support our customers.
Key Interfaces: (internal, external)
- Internal: Union and Non Union Employees in the CSC, Legal, Employee and Labor Relations
- External: Union Representatives, Job Applicants, Recruiters, Regulatory Compliance Officers and Airline Customers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of Human Resources (HR) policies and programs for union and non-union employees in Customer Service Center (CSC).
- Administer HR policies and procedures including employee benefits, wage increases, retirement, etc.
- Source, recruit, interview and select quality employees to staff various CSC positions
- Act as primary driver of hourly recruitment and retention activities to include development of staffing plans and the growth of recruitment sources; analyze data to improve quality of recruitment sources
- Act as first line liaison with union employees, facilitating resolution of employee concerns
- Assist in the administration of Master National Agreement (MNA) grievance procedures
- Assist with Department of Transportation (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing program and company non DOT pre-employment drug testing programs
- Support auditing of clerical activities for accuracy and adherence to standards
- Deliver and / or facilitate CSC and company required training and development programs
- Assist in planning and rollout of employee engagement activities
- Attend unemployment hearings as needed
- Assist with miscellaneous HR functions as assigned
Key Performance Indicators:
- Union Grievances
- Time to Fill
- OSHA Recordable Frequency and Severity
- Workers Compensation Claims
- Hotlines Complaints
- People Development
- Employee Recognition