Culinary degree or cooking certification preferred. At least 2 years of experience cooking in a high volume institutional catering environment.
Description of the job, responsibilities and duties.
Our cooks are responsible to follow HACCP Regulations when preparing our food for airline customers based upon established customer specifications.
- Culinary degree or cooking certification preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience cooking in a high volume institutional catering environment preferred.
- Understanding of HACCP Compliance.
- Ability to speak, read and understand English.
- Comply with all work rules and regulations.
- Must be able to use fingers/hands to handle equipment
- Must be able to lift and push 50+ lbs
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during shift of 8+ hours.
- Must be flexible and able to react to changing priorities.
- Above average skill level with cutlery, small wares and equipment.
- Understanding of various cooking techniques.
- Ability to understand and complete recipes.
- Strong organizational skills.
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include nights, weekends or holidays.
- Work overtime when required.
- Ability to handle dry ice as needed
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Pass a criminal background and drug test.
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes (hot and cold) and noise
- Working in a cold weather environment of approximately 35-40 degrees.
- This position requires to be active, walking, heavy lifting and pushing 50+ lbs.
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
- Free Lunch/Parking/Uniforms
- Membership in the American Airlines Credit Union
- After 2 months you become part of the local union
- A variety of insurance and benefits including medical, dental and vision
After 90 days of employment through LSG Sky Chefs employees are eligible for:
- Retention Bonus of $250 and can earn an additional $250 after 6 months if company standards have been met
- Participation in the company’s 401k
- Life Insurance Benefits (Basic and Supplemental)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Benefits (Short-Term and Long-Term)
- Employee Assistance Program
Schedule: FlexApply for this position