Category Manager Direct
- Strategic Orientation
- Achievement Orientation
- Organizational Effectiveness
- People Development
- Customer Orientation
- Team Leadership
Role Purpose Statement: The Category Manager utilizes established processes to develop and implement formal sourcing strategies for their spend categories. Responsibilities include supplier identification, negotiation, contracting, and ongoing supplier value management for continuous improvement. On an ongoing basis, the Category Manager monitors their programs, incorporates changes to the internal business needs and external supply markets that can impact future business performance for their spend category, and modifies their sourcing strategies accordingly. The Category Manager seeks to ensure that savings objectives and targets are realized for their categories. Additionally, the Category Manager provides ongoing tactical procurement support for product line changes of non-strategic materials as required by LSG Customer Service Centers.
Key Interfaces: (internal, external) Internal: General Managers, Operations, Sales and Services, Finance and Accounting, Program Management, Legal, IT
External: Suppliers, Distributors, Airline & Retail Customers
- Work in collaboration with the Customer Service Centers and other corporate disciplines to determine current and future sourcing needs, coordinate the best method for fulfilling those needs and monitor ongoing effectiveness
- Strategically source vendors who meet the required qualifications
- Participate in Request for Proposals for new or existing products and services.
- Draft, negotiate and execute contracts for assigned categories and compare the assigned categories to industry trends and market standards.
- Provide direct support to the CSCs with implementation of new vendor program launches and with vendor management
- Identify, assess, and pursue supplier development opportunities based on the expected impact/benefits to LSG.
- Conduct ongoing category management by identifying changing needs and requirements for assigned category’s products or services
- Drive performance that results in year over year cost reductions through the standardization of products and pursuit of best possible commodity/service costs.
- Ensure that vendor performance issues are addressed quickly and should problems continue, provide analysis of alternatives, making changes when appropriate
- Model corporate values and participate as required in groups, initiatives and advisory bodies
- Proactively support other departments and functions as the Subject Matter Expert