BWI - Airline Catering Delivery Driver
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include nights, weekends or holidays. Once assigned, schedule remains steady until shift bid process which takes place at least twice / year.
- Work overtime when required.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screen. Must be able to obtain SIDA badge with Customs Seal.
- Pass a DOT Pre-Employment Physical and ongoing physicals per DOT standards.
- Pass a basic written and driving skills test
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and uniform as required.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
The Driver is responsible for catering aircraft and transporting carts with meals and beverages to assigned flights at BWI airport. He or she is expected to provide excellent customer service to our airline customers in a timely, responsible and safe manner.
- Must have a valid Maryland state Driver's License, CDL Class B or A is a plus but not required.
- Ability to speak, read and understand English
- Communicate effectively with vendor airline crew in a professional manner
- Demonstrate full compliance will all work rules and regulations
- Elevate problematic situations to the Supervisor level as they arise – maintain constant communication with Dock Supervisors.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to react to changing priorities.
- Organizational skills and ability to work under tight schedule demands
- Strip and load planes to airline customer specifications
- Safely drive trucks in and around the facility to proper docks and spots
- Responsible for proper dock departure and catering time
- Follow proper safety guidelines and follow Helper’s commands on approaching and departing aircraft.
- Responsible for unloading truck and place carts, carriers and ovens in proper location for processing
- Cater airplanes in timely manner to avoid delays
-Drivers are exposed to inclement weather: rain, snow, wind, cold, heat and noise levels.
Benefits of working at LSG Sky Chefs
- Full-time, permanent work, weekly pay
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance after 90 days of employment
- 401(k) and disability insurance
- Paid vacations, sick days and holiday based on length of service
- Uniforms and safety shoes provided
- Free meals / free parking
- Credit Union