BWI- Airline Catering Delivery Driver
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include nights, weekends or holidays.
- Work overtime when required.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screen. Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badge.
- Pass a basic assessment test
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and uniform as required.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
The Airline Catering Delivery Driver is responsible for catering aircraft and transporting carts with meals and beverages to assigned flights at BWI airport. He is expected to provide excellent customer service to our airline customers in a timely, responsible and safe manner.
- Must have a valid MD state Driver’s License
- Ability to speak, read and understand English
- Communicate effectively with vendor airline crew in a professional manner
- Demonstrate full compliance will all work rules and regulations
- Elevate problematic situations to the Supervisor level as they arise – maintain constant communication with Dock Supervisors.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to react to changing priorities.
- Organizational skills and ability to work under tight schedule demands
- Strip and load planes to airline customer specifications
- Safely drive trucks in and around the warehouse to proper docks and spots
- Responsible for proper dock departure and catering time
- Follow proper safety guidelines and follow Helper’s commands on steering truck
- Responsible for unloading truck and place carts, carriers and ovens in proper spots
- Cater airplanes in timely manner to avoid delays
-Drivers are exposed to inclement weather: rain, snow, wind, cold, heat and noise levels.
-Driver is exposed to working at high elevation on catering truck.
Benefits of working at LSG Sky Chefs
- Short distance driving to/from BWI airport
- Full-time, regular work, weekly pay
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance after 90 days of employment
- 401(k) after 90 days of employment
- Vacations, sick days and holiday paid after 1 year of employment
- Free laundered Uniforms
- safety shoes provided after 90 days
- Free meals / free parking
- Credit Union