Buyer Clerk - Entry level
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- One to three years Purchasing or related field experience required
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred
- Ability to effectively work with internal customers.
- Ability to effectively work in teams
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems in very fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills for evaluating data
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strategic Orientation
- Achievement Orientation
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Customer Orientation
Role Purpose Statement: Perform standard procurement tasks to source assigned food materials, in support of managing the supply chain for retail customers
- Research products and product costs to find suppliers who meet specifications according to needs of customer
- Monitor product costs and recommend solutions when product cost changes
- Strategically source ingredients to obtain optimal cost/quality as dictated by Retail Sales or customers
- Assist with coordinating purchasing details with vendor to include pricing revisions, order cancellations, establishing discontinued items and acceptable substitutes, back orders, delivery date revisions, invoice discrepancies, etc.
- Prepare and monitor costing of food ingredients through the menu design process; track and modify costing revisions from suppliers as needed
- Use knowledge of available products, vendor capabilities, and industry innovation to guide customers toward standardized products
- Support customer projects by ensuring orders follow pricing agreement negotiated by managers
- Assist with preparation of menu presentations as needed to include: place product sample orders, confirm receipt, and work with Category Managers to confirm pricing of all ingredients and packaging goods
- Work with Program Management / Pricing departments to ensure proper items are sourced and what is being sourced is within the specifications of the customer
- Set-up new products into distribution and LSG systems
- Work closely with CSC on reallocation of dead stock inventory by reselling items, transferring to other CSCs or working with salvage companies.
- Negotiate single source contracts, evaluate quotes and ensure specifications and pricing are competitive by obtaining quotes from competing vendors.
- Support Quality Assurance by gathering product specifications, nutritionals
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Customer Satisfaction
- Projects completed on time and within budget
- Continuous process improvement
Apply for this position