Facility Maintenance Technician
LSG SKY CHEFS is the global leader in airline catering and the management of all in-flight service related processes.
The group consists of 151 companies with 211 customer service centers in 52 countries. In 2012, it produced about 527 million airline meals for more than 300 airlines worldwide. LSG Sky Chefs' parent company, LSG Lufthansa Service Holding AG, is headquartered in Neu-Isenburg, Germany.
- Free Lunch/Parking/Uniforms
- Membership in the American Airlines Credit Union
- After 2 months you become part of the local union
- A variety of insurance and benefits including medical, dental and vision
After 90 days of employment through LSG Sky Chefs employees are eligible for:
- Retention Bonus of $250 and can earn additional $250 after 6 months (Must meet company standards)
- Participation in the company’s 401k
- Life Insurance Benefits (Basic and Supplemental)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Benefits (Short-Term and Long-Term)
- Employee Assistance Program
Full/Part Time: Full time
Description of the job, responsibilities and duties:
The Building Maintenance position is responsible for ensuring that the building and Production Equipment is operating properly.
- Vocational certification in plumbing, HVAC welding or related discipline preferred
- A.C. / Heating and Refrigeration
- Boilers/hot water generation
- Electrical and Mechanical Knowledge – 3 phase circuits
- Must have own hand tools
- Elevate problem areas the department supervisors as they arise – maintain constant communication with supervisor
- Maintain high quality/professional appearance and demeanor
- Work as a member of the LSG Sky Chefs team to ensure the highest quality product and service is delivered to our airline customers
- Coordinate other duties as assigned
- Must have a Commercial Drivers License (Class A or B) or be able to obtain one within 60 days of employment
- Detail oriented and good communication skills.
- Comply with all work rules and regulations.
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during shift of 8+ hours.
- Must have good organizational skills and adaptable to frequent changes environments.
- Must be able to Comply with work rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment with changing priorities.
- Must be able to use fingers/handles to handle equipment.
- Must be able to climb latter and stairs.
- Must be able to lift and push up to 50+ lbs
- Must be able to be flexible to work any shift/hours subject to change due to shift bidding.
- Ability to speak, read and understand English.
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include nights, weekends or holidays.
- Work overtime when required.
- Pass a criminal background /Airport TSA Check and drug test.
- Ability to handle dry ice.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Will be exposed to various temperature changes (hot and cold) and noise as required.
- This position requires to be active, walking, heavy lifting and pushing 50+ lbs.
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours.
- Exposure to fall hazards.