Area Director Human Resources - West
Various cities on West coast
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources management, or related field required
- PHR or SPHR certification strongly preferred. SPHR -CA for the West Region.
- Knowledge of HR strategy, compensation and benefits, and performance management and measurement tools
- Demonstrated skills in effectively working with all levels inside and outside the company
- Demonstrated ability to influence management by establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Role Purpose Statement: Design and implement regional field human resources strategies, plans and objectives that are aligned with overall business operations. Provide overall functional Human Resources (HR) leadership to assigned area.
Key Interfaces: (internal, external) Internal: Regional Management Team, Region Customer Service Center (CSC) Management, Americas Region Headquarters (ARH) functions and employees External: Labor Unions, Service Providers, regulatory bodies and customers
Business Strategy, Policies, and Tools
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Regional Human Resources Strategy in alignment with the global/Corporate Human Resources Strategy
- Provide strategic and day to day coaching and leadership to CSC Management to influence aligned people and business objectives.
- Influence field operations leaders to achieve people oriented outcomes.
Management and Organization Development
- Guide and counsel Vice President of Operations on organizational design and session planning decisions
- Lead implementation of organizational changes for sub-region
Employee and Labor Relations
- Support the development of labor relations and negotiations strategies to drive business initiatives
- Partner with Vice President of Operations to problem-solve and develop action plans associated with labor and employee relations issues
- Ensure policies, procedures and practices are consistent and followed; resolve employee issues and enhance morale
- Ensure compliance with company’s employment practices and applicable employment laws within the region
- Serve as chief spokesperson for collective bargaining for sub-region, as required
- Represent company in litigation, mediation, arbitration, grievance, EEOC hearings and dispute resolutions.
- Participate in union grievance hearings, as needed; document hearing disposition and response and subsequent corrective actions
- Act as a liaison with ARH benefits, compensation, communication, labor and payroll departments to resolve employee issues and concerns.
- Direct and coordinate Field HR personnel with CSC business start-ups and changes or reduction activities as needed
Human Resource Administration
- In conjunction with ARH compensation department oversee salary administration for sub-region
- Partner with ARH communications department to develop and implement communication strategy for sub-region
- Support regional headquarters human resources staff in planning and issue resolutions
- Work closely with regional headquarters to develop employee and ramp safety and workers compensation strategy to decrease cost and risk
- Analyze data to identify and anticipate trends; develop and implement plans to address emerging issues
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Guide, motivate and develop the directly and indirectly subordinate employees
- Plan, implement and control the cost and project budget in the area of responsibility, initiate and steer corrective action in case of deviation
Talent Development and Acquisition
- Develop and executing proactive, targeted talent acquisition strategies to meet current and future hiring needs.
- Proactively recruit, interview, evaluate, and recommend placement of qualified applicants, keeping in compliance with all federal and state laws/regulations and LSG Group/LH hiring standards.