Our Food Management Group is set up to best facilitate the development of menus and product concepts with a focus on airline partners brand positioning, differentiation and cost efficiencies. We work together with well-known consumer brands, such as Unilever, in the development of new and interesting in flight products which best complement your overall brand presentation, satisfy passengers and meet budget requirements. Our strategically based central production units, supported by our comprehensive logistics network, ensures reliable delivery of our meal boxes production at any time, any place.
Responsibilities mainly include:
- Coordination of entire procurement process from supplier selection and proposal-/ tender process to pricing/ negotiations
- Preparation, execution and analysis of tenders
- Negotiation of purchase prices and sourcing contracts in compliance with economical, qualitative and commercial requirements as well as in accordance with internal business units needs
- Coordination of internal processes and interfaces with respective business units in compliance with governance and legal requirements.
- Definition of market and pricing forecasts as well as calculation of newly implemented raw materials
- Preparation of surveys and market research by conducting supplier meetings, procurement related workshops and fairs and/or internet based research activities
- Plays an active role in the negotiation and pricing strategy development efforts for new and existing supplier agreements (e.g., pricing agreements/supply contracts.)
- Ensure best total value and value capture concepts are incorporated within strategies.
- Tactically manages supplier relationships including development and monitoring of supplier performance criteria, supplier development/certification initiatives, conducting of business reviews, etc.
- Support overall strategy development within Food Management
- Responsible to further improve supplier relationship, -processes and -quality as well as drive procurement cost reduction projects
- Supports cross-functional and cross-national projects in terms of sourcing
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- 2-5 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing or Purchasing
- Prior experience in food manufacturing, logistics or supply chain management is preferred.
- Knowledge of Sourcing related legal directives and guidelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, additional language is preferred
- Knowledge of SAP/Baan or other ERP programs is an advantage
- Strong negotiation expertise
- Experienced in project management and process optimizing
- Ability to work within a cross-functional multi-facility environment
- Problem solving and decision making abilities
- Resilience, readiness, and flexibility
- Analytical understanding and high level of numeracy
- Willingness to travel
LSG Lufthansa Service Holding AG
LSG Sky Chefs Catering Logistics GmbH
Frau Susanne Schliebs