Procure to Order Specialist
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office (most importantly Excel and PowerPoint)
Procurement, E-procurement or purchase experience preferred.
Prior experience with P2P platforms or SAP SRM preferred.
SAP Material Management (MM) experience preferred.
Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written).
Strong critical thinking, cognitive skills including analysis, problem solving, attention to detail, and decision making
Write reports, procedure manuals, and detailed, precise business correspondence
Role Purpose Statement: The Procure to Order Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and support of the Procure to Order system (SAPSRM) for Indirect Materials and Services. This roll will have a wide range of responsibilities including product and service catalogue creation and maintenance, supplier onboarding, handling and maintenance of purchasing documentation, and data preparation.
Of primary importance for internal stakeholders will be rapid and effective issue resolution as it relates to the transactional procurement process. The Procure to Order Specialist will be required to work with end-users and to deliver a high quality service within a defined service level agreement (i.e. turnaround time).
Their responsibilities for transactional requisition to order processes will include ensuring that operational efficiency targets and KPIs are met and proactively identifying risks to the delivery of these targets.
Additionally, the Procure to Order Specialist provides ongoing tactical procurement support for product and service line changes of indirect materials as required by LSG Customer Service Centers.
Key Interfaces: (internal, external) Internal: Procurement category managers, Material Data Management team, Accounts Payable, Taxes department, E-procurement requestors, LGBS (Lufthansa Global business Services), Global Buy/Order representative, General Managers, Operations, Sales and Services, Finance and Accounting, Program Management, Legal, IT, Facilities Management External: Suppliers, Distributors
- Responsible for delivering the end to end Transactional Procurement process in an effective and efficient way, ultimately focused on cycle time to include:
- Support e-procurement system processes and operational aspects of "Purchase to Pay" process
- Maintain data table of e-procurement requesters and approvers in the system, as well as data tables and data mapping to ensure functional e-procurement system (e.g. coding for accounts payable).
- Creation and maintenance of product and service catalog content
- Set up new procurement programs in the e-procurement system
- Supplier onboarding and supplier data maintenance (in support of supplier self-service)
- Creation of purchasing documentation (where not automatically generated).
- Any required handling of purchase orders once created – i.e. outstanding, incorrect coding etc.
- Error and exceptions handling arising from the P2O process
- Respond & resolve open product/services inquiries from CSCs and headquarters in a timely fashion
- Ensure compliance across the procurement elements (Vendors, CSC’s, Category Managers) of the P2O process by monitoring and pursuing routine communication both verbal and written
- Support Material Data Management team and Accounts payable team to identify root cause and solution related to billing discrepancies due to catalogue issues.
- Prepare and present cost analysis on a monthly basis to Category Manager and launch details for new and existing products internally and across organizations among vendors in order to reduce cost and maintain required quality of products and services in the NAM region.
- Prepare and present report to assess the usage of the Procure to Order system, and coordinate identification of root cause for the non-utilization of the tool and support the monitoring of countermeasures.
- Communication with Global Buy Order IT team
- Upload documents in P2O SharePoint page.
- Work in collaboration with the Customer Service Centers (CSCs) and other corporate disciplines to determine current and future sourcing needs, coordinate the best method for fulfilling those needs and monitor ongoing effectiveness
- Provide direct support to the CSCs with implementation of new vendor program launches and with vendor management
- Identify, assess, and pursue supplier development opportunities based on the expected impact/benefits to LSG.
- Ensure that vendor performance issues are addressed quickly and should problems continue, provide analysis of alternatives, making changes when appropriate
- Model corporate values and participate as required in groups, initiatives and advisory bodies
- Proactively support other departments and functions as the Subject Matter Expert
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Customer Satisfaction
- Transactional Procurement process timeline targets
- Procurement Financial Targets
- Accurate and timely reporting
- Perform accurate auditing
- Continuous process improvement
- Strategic Orientation
- Achievement Orientation
- Organizational Effectiveness
- People Development
- Customer Orientation
- Team Leadership
Apply for this position